Cumbernauld Old Parish Church is opening its doors to visitors once again this summer. Volunteers will be available every Sunday from 2pm to 5pm in July, August and September to welcome visitors and show them around our historic church building in the Village. Hope you can pop by and say hello!
Remember, too, that the Church is open for worship every Sunday at 11.00am and everyone is welcome to attend any of our services.
The annual Church Fete at Cumbernauld Old Parish Church is taking place in the manse gardens on Saturday 11th May from 1pm – 3 pm. Tickets cost £3 and include tea / coffee and creamed scone with jam. Children’s entry is free.
The following stalls and activities are planned: Fairtrade gift stall, tombola, ‘New to You’ stall, home baking, raffle, games for children (weather permitting), face painting, and craft stall. We are also delighted that members from the Cumbernauld Musical Theatre will be joining us to provide entertainment.
Continue reading “Cumbernauld Old Church Fete”
Abronhill Parish Church extends a warm invitation to join us at our Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter worship services. The details are listed below:
Palm Sunday (Sunday 14th April) service in the Parish Church at 11.15am
Monday 15th – worship led by Susan Boland at 7pm
Tuesday 16th – worship led by the Kirk Session at 7pm
Wednesday 17th – worship led by the Guild at 7pm
Thursday 18th – Sacrament of Holy Communion at 7pm
Friday 19th – Good Friday worship led by the Minister at 7pm
Easter Day (Sunday 21st) service in the Parish Church at 11.15am
Cumbernauld Old Parish Church has announced details of our worship services for Holy Week and Easter and extend a warm invitation to anyone who wishes to join us. The details are:
- Sunday 14 April (Palm Sunday) – Morning worship at 11am. We invite those joining us this morning to please bring a small chocolate Easter Egg. These will be collected and distributed to needy children through our local food bank.
- Thursday 18 April (Maundy Thursday) – The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated in the Parish Church at 7.30pm.
- Friday 19 April (Good Friday) – The church will be open for prayer and reflection between 12 noon and 3pm, with Bible readings and reflections on the hour and half-hour.
- Sunday 21 April (Easter Day) – Easter worship in the Parish Church at 11am.
We look forward to welcoming you at any or all of these services.
Condorrat Parish Church is delighted to share details of our Holy Week and Easter services and hope you’ll be able to join us at some or all of the following:
- Sunday 14th April (Palm Sunday) at 2pm – Toddlers Praise – a service for all children under 5 years, but siblings, parents, grandparents are all very welcome too.
- Thursday 18th April (Maundy Thursday) at 7pm – Holy Communion.
- Friday 19th April (Good Friday) at 7pm – a service of reflection and contemplation.
- Sunday 21st April (Easter Day) at 11am – Family Service, with the making of a cross of daffodils.
St Mungo’s and Kildrum Parish Churches in Cumbernauld are linking. A Service of Linkage, led by Falkirk Presbytery of the Church of Scotland, will take place at St Mungo’s Parish Church on Thursday 4th April at 7pm.
Members of Presbytery will be in attendance and we encourage a good turnout from both congregations and the wider Cumbernauld community as we look forward to a bright future in partnership.
A tea with home baking will be held in the large hall after the service.
The next social and fund-raising event at Cumbernauld Old Parish Church will be a Musical Evening on Friday 29th March led by our very talented organist Professor David J.Smith, who will treat us to recitals on harpsichord and organ.
By popular request, David will also be delighting us with his amazing improvisations – will you be able to guess the tune?
There will also be a guest appearance by the Columban Singers, led by their Musical Director Mariot Dallas. Teas, coffees and home baking will be served.
Our last musical evening was a great success, and we are sure this one will be too.
Entry is by a donation to church funds, so please come along by 7.30 on Friday 29th March for a very entertaining and enjoyable evening.