On Friday 19th April (Good Friday) Cumbernauld Churches Together will be taking part in a ‘Walk of Witness’ around various locations in the Town Centre.
Meeting outside the former Dunnes store at 10:15am for a 10:30 start, we will remember the events, and retell the story, of the crucifixion of Jesus on the first Good Friday. Our walk will end about an hour later at Cumbernauld United Reformed Church.
Abronhill Parish Church extends a warm invitation to join us at our Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter worship services. The details are listed below:
Palm Sunday (Sunday 14th April) service in the Parish Church at 11.15am
Monday 15th – worship led by Susan Boland at 7pm
Tuesday 16th – worship led by the Kirk Session at 7pm
Wednesday 17th – worship led by the Guild at 7pm
Thursday 18th – Sacrament of Holy Communion at 7pm
Friday 19th – Good Friday worship led by the Minister at 7pm
Easter Day (Sunday 21st) service in the Parish Church at 11.15am
Cumbernauld Old Parish Church has announced details of our worship services for Holy Week and Easter and extend a warm invitation to anyone who wishes to join us. The details are:
- Sunday 14 April (Palm Sunday) – Morning worship at 11am. We invite those joining us this morning to please bring a small chocolate Easter Egg. These will be collected and distributed to needy children through our local food bank.
- Thursday 18 April (Maundy Thursday) – The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated in the Parish Church at 7.30pm.
- Friday 19 April (Good Friday) – The church will be open for prayer and reflection between 12 noon and 3pm, with Bible readings and reflections on the hour and half-hour.
- Sunday 21 April (Easter Day) – Easter worship in the Parish Church at 11am.
We look forward to welcoming you at any or all of these services.
Condorrat Parish Church is delighted to share details of our Holy Week and Easter services and hope you’ll be able to join us at some or all of the following:
- Sunday 14th April (Palm Sunday) at 2pm – Toddlers Praise – a service for all children under 5 years, but siblings, parents, grandparents are all very welcome too.
- Thursday 18th April (Maundy Thursday) at 7pm – Holy Communion.
- Friday 19th April (Good Friday) at 7pm – a service of reflection and contemplation.
- Sunday 21st April (Easter Day) at 11am – Family Service, with the making of a cross of daffodils.
St Mungo’s and Kildrum Parish Churches in Cumbernauld are linking. A Service of Linkage, led by Falkirk Presbytery of the Church of Scotland, will take place at St Mungo’s Parish Church on Thursday 4th April at 7pm.
Members of Presbytery will be in attendance and we encourage a good turnout from both congregations and the wider Cumbernauld community as we look forward to a bright future in partnership.
A tea with home baking will be held in the large hall after the service.
This year’s World Day of Prayer will be on Friday 1st March and here in Cumbernauld our local service will be held in Abronhill Parish Church on Friday 1st March at 7pm.
This year’s worship service has been written by the women of Slovenia and the theme is: “Come – everything is ready”.
All Churches in the area are invited to join us, indeed everyone will be made most welcome. Tea & coffee will be served after the service. We look forward to worshiping with you as we join with Christians in over 170 countries worldwide in this annual celebration.
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2019 runs from 18th until 25th January and Cumbernauld Action of Churches Together invite you to two worship services to mark this week in the church calendar.
Please join us on Tuesday 22nd January at 12 noon in Church of the Holy Name for a short worship service followed by a soup and sandwich lunch, and on Thursday 24th January at 7.00pm also at the Church of the Holy Name for a short worship service followed by tea / coffee.
All welcome at either or both services.